- Created a trust/organization on 8/25/07.
- Committee voted and established organization
called Olney-Alger (Olney Post Office at Padgett place and Alger
Post Office at Willis place).
- Officers were elected, Florida State filing
accomplished by Florence Sikes, Seacoast National Bank account
established by Jimmy Padgett, and membership dues paid through Jackie
- Get the Padgett Cemetery surveyed for actual
location and property identification – Buddy Hair contacted Leland Dyals and
arranged survey, completed on 1/21/08.
- File a Historical Record with Florida
Department of State for Padgett Cemetery – Florence Sikes filed the application as
- Get permanent access and seek ownership
of Padgett Cemetery – Jimmy Padgett contacted Anthony Young of Clear Title
and Legal Services, waiting answer.
- Create and maintain Web Site for access by
all members – web pages created by Jimmy Padgett using ‘www.olney-alger.org’ on 11/26/07.
- View Willis Cemetery to determine future needs
– Members visited on 5/17/08. Future actions are TBD.
- Continue research of recorded Deeds,
Patents, Census, etc. regarding Cemetery properties and Residents during late 1800’s
and early 1900’s – Dennis Padgett and Florence Sikes, ongoing action.
- Establish an Active Membership list of
names and addresses – Jackie Staats, ongoing action
- Update and maintain gravesite recording for
Padgett Cemetery and Willis Cemetery – Florence Sikes, near complete
- Publish a book of Family information to be for sale – James Padgett.
- Create Specialty Items for sale:
- Photo Calendars – Jackie Staats
- Family Picture Book – Joy Tuscani
- Recipe Cook Book – Elaine Padgett
- Lineage ‘T’ Shirts – Bridee Manning
- Establish a Family Tree record (book/website) to be for
- Establish a Padgett Reunion Planning committee for activities,
- Establish a Membership Applications Mailing List to all
- Recording of Olney Place, Alger Place, Padgett Cemetery, Willis
To contact webmaster send email to: James Padgett
Home | Accomplishments/Goals